Remember that amazing feeling when your teacher said the test was open-note? Your cheat sheet was a work of art. Well, with health and wellness in the age of social distancing, we wanted to lend you ours.
Cutting through the infinite possibilities, this cheat sheet of streaming services, meditations, podcasts, crafts, and much more is everything you'll need to stay healthy at home. Pass it along, and don't be afraid to try something new.
>> Listen To The Experts
>> Cooking / Eating
>> Mindfulness & Meditation
>> Self-improvement & Productivity
>> Quality Entertainment
Unbiased, non-partisan, real sources of information on the virus and staying healthy.
• Tell Alexa “play Coronavirus Daily podcast” by NPR for a 10-minute daily update.
• Check out these charts. Data don’t lie.
A little of everything
• Discover Peloton’s off-the-bike options — think yoga, running, bootcamp, dance, and more.
• Dig into Daily Burn’s enormous video library. It will take more than their free 60-day trial to even scratch the surface.
• Knock out a short (10- to 28-minute) on-demand or live workout from obé fitness.
• Build a routine with Kayla Itsines (creator of beloved BBG) and her team of badass Aussie instructors on the Sweat app.
• Or, put in your earbuds for Aaptiv, an app for exercisers who like audiobooks.
• NEOU is like “fitness Netflix” — scroll titles by genre and find a good fit. Deal: 50% off a yearly membership right now.
• Pretend you’re practicing in a heavenly NYC yoga loft with Sky Ting TV (seven-day free trial).
• Vibe with Y7 Studio’s uncensored hip-hop yoga classes for free on Instagram Live.
• Keep it simple with Cassey Ho’s blogilates.
• Break free from the norm with The Class by Taryn Toomey, a combo of free movement, meditation, and occasional therapeutic yelling.
• Break a sweat and drop it low two times per day with 305 Fitness on YouTube Live.
• Join Shakira’s trainer Anna Kaiser for choreographed dance cardio with a strength training twist on AKT GO.
• Give Megan Roup’s The Sculpt Society a go if you have two left feet.
• Work in some warrior poses between pliés with barre3’s 15-day free trial.
• Ditch the ballerina persona with The Barre Code On Demand’s hybrid HIIT and cardio kickboxing classes.
• Stream Chrissy Teigen’s favorite barre workout, Physique 57.
• If you have an F45 Training membership, crush the best of its bodyweight workouts at home via F45 Challenge.
• Catch the top Barry’s trainers from around the world live on Instagram every day — all you’ll need are some bands.
• Strap on your HR monitor and get to work on Orangetheory Fitness’s at-home training on YouTube. No treadmill or rower this time.
• Turn your living room wall into a full gym with Tonal.
• Get strong like Thor on Chris Hemsworth’s Centr app with a six-week free trial.
• Train like Hailey Bieber, Adam Levine, and Kaia Gerber when ultra-exclusive DOGPOUND goes live on Instagram.
• Try Freshly for refined sugar- and gluten-free meals that are ready in three (or less) minutes.
• For the Martha Stewart enthusiast, give Martha & Marley Spoon a try.
• If you’re worried about it eating into your savings, order $5/meal EveryPlate.
• If you’re interested in what Americans are buying tons of, it’s all right here.
• She does it all. Feed your cravings with Chrissy Teigen’s posh pantry recipes.
• Be your own barista with these healthy twists on your morning cup.
• From classic to totally elaborate, master the perfect cup of coffee.
• Get smart (and get the recipe) with this bulletproof coffee guide.
• Look for the “Eat Local” banner and score free delivery from Uber Eats.
• Support neighborhood restaurants on DoorDash with a $0 delivery fee on your first order.
• Do your part to avoid germy delivery by leaving precise delivery instructions, and immediately washing your hands.
• Use this guide to find out who’s still dishing out your favorite foods. Fair warning: it’s extensive.
Guides & Tips
• Work on your breathwork with Stop, Breathe, and Think’s three-minute meditation.
• Looking for something longer? Give this 42-minute guided meditation a try.
• Flip through some mindfulness cards.
• Use this outdoor meditation from lululemon to reach for relaxation.
• Stream this Spotify playlist for chakra meditations.
• Tune in every weekday afternoon with Ten Percent Happier.
• Download Finding Calm or Crisis & Opportunity meditation recordings from mindfulness retreat Copper Beech Institute.
• Secure a MNDFL TV class pass for everything from sound baths to yoga nidra. Or a private session to set some personal mantras.
• Sign up for a week of free Unplug Meditation live streams.
• Learn secrets from Oprah’s long-time meditation guru during Deepak Chopra: Meditation 101.
• Listen to real stories from real people at The Happy Place.
• Protect that good energy with this pay-what-you-can digital detox interactive experience.
• Cut down your screen time.
• Limit your news intake and reduce your anxiety with tips from the World Health Organization.
Pick Up Journaling
• Get started with this guide.
• Learn the why and how with this MasterClass hosted by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates.
Make A Daily Routine
• Start your week with this Self-care Sunday checklist.
• Begin your day like Obama.
• Wake up early with this app that makes you solve a math problem to turn off your alarm.
• Create a morning routine you can take into post-quarantine life.
• Nerd-out and explore the science behind it all.
Digital Spring Clean
• Clear your cache and give yourself infinitely more storage space.
• Unsubscribe from all those emails you don’t open with Unroll.Me.
Stay Connected With Friends & Family
• We don’t need to tell you about Zoom. But if you need a background, we have a suggestion.
• Chat it up with friends while you play virtual Pictionary.
• Be alone, together with screen sharing app Squad.
• Host a virtual dinner party.
• Master the art of remote socializing.
• Rewatch Tiger King with your friends using Netflix Party.
• Nail at-home happy hours.
• Use Quarantine Chat to talk with a perfect stranger.
• Send your mom or bestie some flowers.
• Set up an ideal at-home office space.
• Become a time management wiz with The Pomodoro Technique.
• Or, download this handy Workflow Timer.
• Use Todoist to keep track of literally everything.
• Beyond buying a desk plant, use these wellness-focused WFH hacks.
• Spend your days standing, perching, or lounging in a chaise.
• Change unhealthy habits (like waking up and grabbing your phone).
• Sign up for Yale’s The Science of Well-Being course for free — it’s the most popular class in the university’s 300-year history.
• Read or listen to The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck.
• Or this book that’s, incidentally, about staying at home by choice.
• Take some reading recs from plant-based chef Matthew Kenney and the aforementioned fitness obsession Taryn Toomey.
• 2020 isn’t off to a great start, but this year’s books are. (Definitely give Becoming by Michelle Obama a go.)
• Join the Quarantine Book Club and live chat with your fave author.
• Or create your own with friends.
• End of FOMO from Staying In with Emily & Kumail
• Learn about the lead-up with The Daily episode Why the U.S. Is Running Out of Medical Supplies.
• For a look into potential origins of a pandemic, listen to Patient Zero from Radiolab.
• To chat with other podcast-lovers about, well... podcasts, join The New York Times Podcast Club.
Arts & Crafts
• Give your bookshelf a makeover.
• Fix up a cozier home.
• Enroll in Sketchbook Skool bootcamp.
Health & Fitness Binge-Watching
• Hit the trail with The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young.
• Study plant-based performance with narrator Arnold Schwarzenegger in Netflix’s The Game Changers.
• Watch food writer Michael Pollan’s level-headed food documentary Cooked.
• Open your mind to The Creative Brain.
• Start an indoor spring garden with help from The Sill.
• Foster a dog or cat.
Enjoy Culture At A Distance
• Visit the Guggenheim from home.
• Explore Bryce Canyon or the Hawai’i Volcanoes national parks from your couch.
• Rock out at these stay-home music festivals.
• Or, just watch Steve Martin play the banjo in the woods.
Meredith O'Connor, Em Bennett, and Ryan Deer contributed to writing this list.
Get the latest news on New York City’s fitness scene.